47652Re: firefox and vim was: Re: Feature request... non-uniform tab stops

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Sep 4, 2007
      Milan Vancura wrote:
      >> The MozEx Firefox extension lets you edit textareas with an external editor
      >> (e.g. vim). I'm a fan.
      >
      > I've found another FF extension called It's All Text - it allows the same and
      > it handles character encoding and cooperates nicely with FF. And it works with
      > FF 1.5 and 2.0
      >
      > Great for editing wiki pages (for example). I can't imagine my work in wiki
      > without that extension.
      >
      > Milan Vancura

      Yeah, I use it too. It adds a small blue button labeled "edit" at the bottom
      right of textareas when the mouse is over them. Click that button: plop! gvim
      opens with any text already typed in. Enter :x to close gvim, plop! the edited
      text appears in the browser. Works like magic (as Arthur Weasley would have
      said ;-) ).

      The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the
      average man can see better than he can think.