47617Re: Patch to fix read out of bound when resizing terminal

    Aug 31, 2007
      Dominique Pelle wrote:

      > > Hmm, perhaps the best way is to keep a flag that we changed the "s"
      > > pointer, and then do "continue". I think that is what was originally
      > > intended. It's also simpler and more straightforward. Can you check
      > > that the valgrind error doesn't happen then?
      > >

      > > *** ../vim-7.1.094/src/message.c Tue Aug 7 21:59:26 2007
      > > --- src/message.c Thu Aug 30 22:53:03 2007

      [...]

      > Yes, that fixes it as well: valgrind no longer complains about
      > accessing string beyond the end when I resize the terminal.

      Thanks for checking.

      > There are 2 other odd things I observe though when resizing
      > the terminal (before and after the patch so it's unrelated to
      > this patch):
      >
      > 1/ when Ex command is longer than the terminal, ex command
      > wraps it (good) but when the terminal becomes very narrow,
      > the Ex command is displayed in a odd way with spaces in
      > the middle.
      >
      > For example, with ex command ":012345678901234567890",
      > when the terminal is narrow, it wraps as follows (good):
      >
      > :012345678901234
      > 567890
      >
      > But if terminal is resized even narrower, something odd begins
      > to happen (which does not look expected). I observe something
      > like this for example:
      >
      > :01234567
      > 89 0
      > 123456789
      > 0
      >
      > The spaces in the middle don't look expected.

      The minimal number of columns is 12. See ":help 'columns'". If you go
      below that weird things will happen.

      > 2/ If my cursor is at the end of the ex command, resizing the
      > terminal may move the cursor to somewhere in the middle of
      > the Ex command. I don't think that's expected either.

      I don't see this. Can you give a specific example?

      --
      Error:015 - Unable to exit Windows. Try the door.