47129Re: One Mailaddress

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Jul 21, 2007
      Nikolai Weibull wrote:
      > On 7/21/07, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Notice that whenever someone uses "vim-dev@..." the list robot will add
      >> "vim_dev@..." in the To line.
      >
      > No. It adds a Reply-To. That's a crap setup by Google Groups, but
      > there's probably nothing we can do about it. Seeing as this is the
      > case, perhaps using the @... addresses makes more sense,
      > as we won't get the stupid Reply-To added.
      >
      > nikolai

      I think we still do. On this post of yours, I see vim_dev@... in
      all of "To", "Sender", "Reply-To", "List-Id" and "List-Post".

      I agree that that "Reply-To" header is stupid, and we're not alone in thinking
      so, see http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html -- however I also agree
      that in the case of Google Groups there's probably nothing we can do about it.

      The National Short-Sleeved Shirt Association says:
      Support your right to bare arms!