46255Re: Subject: Re: vim on cygwin using win32 clipboard

  • Guopeng Wen
    Mar 1, 2007
      On 2/15/07, Frodak Baksik <frodak17@...> wrote:

      > > > Ask a few people to try it out and report their results here.
      > >
      > > I'll give it a shot. Is there somewhere I can grab the patch from, or
      > > should I go through the list archives to find it?
      > >
      > > Chris
      > >
      > > --
      > > Chris Sutcliffe
      > > http://ir0nh34d.googlepages.com
      > > http://ir0nh34d.blogspot.com
      > > http://emergedesktop.org
      > >

      > Here are all the changes in a single patch.
      > over there could try it out would be nice.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Frodak

      Frodak,

      I just checked the patch on SVN revision 223, it works as expected.

      I usually perform some shell related tasks using vim on cygwin.
      That patch is nice, saves me from the M$ "quick paste" thing, which
      I always confused with the X windows paste.

      I perform some test under cygwin console (DOS window), as well as
      xterm in cygwin/X (I'm using FVWM2), all works as I expected.

      BTW, here's how I applied the patch and build vim:

      cd $VIMROOT/src
      patch -p0 -i ../../vim_cygwin_clip_patch_2007-02-13.diff
      cd $VIMROOT
      ./configure --prefix=/cygdrive/e/test-vim \
      --with-features=huge --without-x \
      --enable-gui=no
      make && make install

      I have a full install of cygwin (including cygwin/X).

      Regards!

      --
      Guopeng
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic