45821Re: GNOME HIG compliance in gvim: button order in close confirmation dialogs (PATCH)

  • Trenton Schulz
    Jan 8, 2007
      On Jan 8, 2007, at 12:39 PM, Martin Stubenschrott wrote:

      > On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 12:14:05PM +0100, Trenton Schulz wrote:
      >>> I'll look into this later. Perhaps Save/Discard/Cancel is better
      >>> for
      >>> all GUIs, since you don't need to read the text to know whether
      >>> "yes"
      >>> means "save" or "discard". But it will break the translations.
      >>
      >> Just being a lurker here, I would vote for this being in all GUIs
      >> (not that we get votes here). Having the actual save/discard vs. yes/
      >> no makes it much simpler to look at a message box and know which
      >> button to press (probably why the "File Changed" dialog in Vim is a
      >> bit easier to decide what to do than the "Save Changes" dialog IMO).
      >
      > Would you also vote for changing the console style dialogs? I mean,
      > console users are normally used to press y or n, when answering these
      > kind of questions.

      Well, don't you do that by typing :wq/:wq! or ZZ or whatever? Most of
      the other "dialogs" on the console version don't ask yes/no questions
      as far as I have encountered. I think it is a non-issue for the
      console version...

      -- Trenton
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic