45820Re: GNOME HIG compliance in gvim: button order in close confirmation dialogs (PATCH)

  • Martin Stubenschrott
    Jan 8, 2007
      On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 12:14:05PM +0100, Trenton Schulz wrote:
      > >I'll look into this later. Perhaps Save/Discard/Cancel is better for
      > >all GUIs, since you don't need to read the text to know whether "yes"
      > >means "save" or "discard". But it will break the translations.
      > Just being a lurker here, I would vote for this being in all GUIs
      > (not that we get votes here). Having the actual save/discard vs. yes/
      > no makes it much simpler to look at a message box and know which
      > button to press (probably why the "File Changed" dialog in Vim is a
      > bit easier to decide what to do than the "Save Changes" dialog IMO).

      Would you also vote for changing the console style dialogs? I mean,
      console users are normally used to press y or n, when answering these
      kind of questions.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic