45587Re: Is always guaranteed to be the same as and is always guaranteed to be unique?

  • Yakov Lerner
    Nov 8, 2006
      On 11/8/06, Nikolai Weibull <now@...> wrote:
      > and is <afile> always guaranteed to be unique?

      No. Namely, unnamed buffers are problem here. Some autocommands
      that use <afile> can be invoked on unnamed buffers (I had such case).
      In this case, you have to use <abuf>.

      As long as buffer is not unnamed and <afile> is full pathname
      and not basename relative to current dir, I supposed it will
      be unique.

      I suppose <afile> is full pathname when buffer != unnamed.

      Yakov
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic