45177Re: Autocommand-Event for Clipboard-Changed

    Oct 3, 2006
      Charles Campbell wrote:

      > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >
      > >Suresh Govindachar wrote:
      > >
      > >>Is it possible to add an autocommand-event for "Clipboard Changed"?
      > >
      > >Not really. This is not something that happens inside Vim. Polling for
      > >changes in the system is not really something I would like to add to Vim.
      >
      > Bram -- would you be willing to give out a bit of code that will send a
      > remote message to vim?
      > Some function, perhaps SendCmd2Vim("string"). That way it'll be simple
      > for folks to make their own external programs to send a command to vim
      > via the already available remote vim stuff.
      >
      > Presumably the code snippet wouldn't be a Part of Vim itself; maybe
      > something for vim.sf.net?

      I don't know what you mean with "would you be willing".
      src/if_xcmdsrv.c contains info for writing a C program. os_mswin.c also
      has some code that can be used for Win32. It's not easy, of course.
      I can't remember seeing a program that actually does this.

      --
      Engineers will go without food and hygiene for days to solve a problem.
      (Other times just because they forgot.)