45155Re: Autocommand-Event for Clipboard-Changed

  • Nikolai Weibull
    Oct 2, 2006

      > Suresh Govindachar wrote:
      >
      > > Is it possible to add an autocommand-event for "Clipboard Changed"?
      >
      > Not really. This is not something that happens inside Vim. Polling for
      > changes in the system is not really something I would like to add to Vim.

      The windows api provides an easy way to be notified of such changes.
      It's just a WM_ message that you hook into by calling some function
      that I can't remember the name of.

      X11 and Gdk has something similar as well, but I've never used it.

      I have no idea if there's a good way to do it on other systems,
      though. (I'm guessing that OS X has something like this as well.)

      nikolai
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic