45152Re: gvim segfaulting on Solaris 10

    Oct 2, 2006
      Ali Akcaagac wrote:

      > On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 23:13 +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > > The bonobo stuff is only used when compiling for GTK 2 with Gnome
      > > support. I generally discourage compiling with Gnome, it has its
      > > problems. This is mentioned in the Makefile.
      > >
      > > If you compile without Gnome, which is the default, no bonobo stuff is
      > > used by Vim. If a bonobo library is still linked in then it's because
      > > of a dependency.
      > I do understand this. But what I tried explaining was that BonoboUI is
      > deprecated. That means it's dead stuff from within GNOME which should
      > not be used anymore (from what the developers say). So basicly there is
      > no need for extra GNOME GUI components anymore since the encouraged and
      > recommended way to do GNOME GUI is by using GTK+ GUI (from what the
      > developers say). The only interesting part therefore remains is the
      > session management.

      Perhaps someone who knows the details about Gnome can make the changes,
      test it and send us a patch? Obviously I don't have time to learn the
      "proper use" of Gnome libraries.

      The acknowledged parents of reengineering are Michael Hammer and James Champy.
      When I say they're the "parents" I don't mean they had sex - and I apologize
      for making you think about it. I mean they wrote the best-selling business
      book _Reengineering the Corporation_, which was published in 1993.
      Businesses flocked to reengineering like frat boys to a drunken
      cheerleader. (This analogy wasn't necessary, but I'm trying to get my mind
      off that Hammer and Champy thing.)
      (Scott Adams - The Dilbert principle)