45134Re: gvim segfaulting on Solaris 10

  • Ali Akcaagac
    Oct 1, 2006
      On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 18:00 +0200, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
      > It's not only on Solaris. On SuSE Linux 9.3, when I build gvim for Gnome2, I
      > get [...] -I/opt/gnome/include/libbonobo-2.0 [...]
      > -I/opt/gnome/include/bonobo-activation-2.0 [...] on the compilation line and
      > [...] -lbonoboui-2 [...] -lbonobo-2 [...] -lbonobo-activation [...] on the
      > link line. I think it's GNOME stuff, seeing where the include files are
      > located. Now gvim does not require GNOME either, it's just one of the
      > compile-time options you can turn on.

      Actually 'readelf -d gvim' will tell you exactly what libraries are
      linked against it. I seriously doubt that bonobo is required for gvim,
      regardless whether it's mentioned or not. This stuff usually is checked
      trough pkgconfig cross dependencies or through gnome-common. I think the
      best way linking against GNOME is by providing on the CFLAGS line.

      -Wl,--export-dynamic

      greetings,

      Ali Akcaagac
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic