44767Re: Patch 7.0.082

  • Hari Krishna Dara
    Sep 4, 2006
      On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 at 4:48pm, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > I wrote:
      >
      > > Patch 7.0.082
      > > Problem: Calling a function that waits for input may cause List and
      > > Dictionary arguments to be freed by the garbage collector.
      > > Solution: Keep a list of all arguments to internal functions.
      > > Files: src/eval.c
      >
      > I vaguely recall that some people were having unreproducible crashes
      > when using input() or inputlist(). This patch should solve that.
      >
      > What happened was that the garbage collector didn't see the arguments to
      > internal functions, thus would free List and Dict arguments that are
      > still in use. That leads to a double free later. The garbage collector
      > only does it's work when the user doesn't type for a little while, that
      > made it unpredictable when it would happen.

      Can this happen during the debug session also? Like, when you do >echo
      on lists? I am seeing that while debugging scripts that use Lists for
      sometime, Vim almost always crashes. Sometimes, I also start seeing
      internal errors related to List access (sorry, I didn't notedown the
      numbers) before it crashes.

      If there is a debug version of win32 GUI vim available somewhere for
      download, I can use it for my debug sessions to get any additional
      information the next time a crash happens.

      --
      Thanks,
      Hari

      http://mail.yahoo.com