44764Re: Syntax matching. extend inside normal inside keepend

  • Ilya
    Sep 4, 2006
      Yakov Lerner wrote:
      > On 9/3/06, Ilya <ilya@...> wrote:
      >> Yakov Lerner wrote:
      >> > When I removed both 'keepend' and 'extend', it
      >> > started to work as expected.
      >> No, it would not work as I want it to. Block would not end unclosed
      >> String. Like this:
      >> { Some string with a quote ( " ) inside }
      >
      > What about the following example:
      > {
      > " 11111 }
      > 2222 { "
      > }
      > Do you want to distinguish mismatched double-quotes
      > within one line only, or across multiple lines ? As you
      > syntax is currently written, your intention is ambiguoius.
      > On one hand, your 'syntax region String' can span multiple lines.
      > On other hand, you want that '}' inside quoted string terminate a block.
      >
      > Do you want to consider line '" 11111 }' a line with
      > mismatched quote, or it's supposed to match quote on
      > after '2222 {' ? NB that your 'syntax region String' does allow
      > strings spanning multilpe lines.

      In your example, according to the rules in my solution, there should be
      2 Blocks with 2 Strings inside. And both Strings would be without
      closing ".
      Like this:

      {
      BB
      " 11111 }
      BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSB
      2222 { "
      BBSS
      }
      SSSSSSB

      And my solution work just as I expect it to on this code.

      > Yakov

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic