44753Re: Syntax matching. extend inside normal inside keepend

  • Yakov Lerner
    Sep 3, 2006
      On 9/3/06, Ilya <ilya@...> wrote:
      > Yakov Lerner wrote:
      > > When I removed both 'keepend' and 'extend', it
      > > started to work as expected.
      > No, it would not work as I want it to. Block would not end unclosed
      > String. Like this:
      > { Some string with a quote ( " ) inside }

      Ah, I have a guess what can be the problem. Maybe
      region does not like it when ending pattern (["]) is same as
      beginning pattern. It does not know then whether to treat 2nd
      double-quote as a beginning of new nested
      region (string), or end of previous block (string).

      Maybe you should try
      'syn match' for both strings and identifiers.
      (nested 'syn match'). Maybe you should look into perl.vim
      how it does it.

      Yakov
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic