44175Re: Terminal-based auto-paste.

  • Sean Reifschneider
    Jul 10, 2006
      On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 07:56:13PM +0300, Yakov Lerner wrote:
      >Vim is special. I believe that being organic extension of
      >programmer/sysadmin fingers, it deserves special attitude
      >that other packages.

      The point you missed, assuming I was being absurd, is that I can probably
      find someone on the developers list for the vast majority of those other
      1200 packages who says exactly the same thing about that package. We can
      get it fixed in Fedora, and it helps a lot of users.

      I recommend using packages wherever possible. As compiling --with-x=yes
      doesn't, in actuality, solve the problem I was having (that mouse support
      acts differently than other applications), I don't see any justification
      for building my own, locally-installed vim and tracking updates.

      Thanks,
      Sean
      --
      Brooks's Law of Prototypes: Plan to throw one away, you will anyhow.
      Sean Reifschneider, Member of Technical Staff <jafo@...>