43323completeopt: menu|menuone + longest = bug?

  • Eric Van Dewoestine
    Apr 30, 2006
      Tested with vim70g

      Given the following file contents:
      BlahBlahImpl
      BlahBlah.Type

      If I try to perform the following on a new line at the end of the file
      Bl<c-x><c-n or p>.T<c-n or p>

      The resulting text should be
      BlahBlah.Type
      However, if my 'completeopt' has menu and longest, or menuone and
      longest, I get unexpected results.

      Case 1:
      Bl<c-x><c-n>.T<c-n>

      Results in:
      BlahBlah.T
      Vim Message = "Back at original"
      Subsiquent <c-n> calls have no effect.

      Case 2:
      Bl<c-x><c-p>.T<c-p>

      Results in:
      Bl
      Vim Message = "Back at original"
      Subsiquent <c-p> calls have no effect.
      This case is even worse than the first since my previously completed
      BlahBlah text is now gone.

      Note: I tested the above by simply starting vim as follows:
      To show unexpected behavior:
      vi -u NONE -c "set completeopt=menu,longest"
      To show expected behavior:
      vi -u NONE -c "set completeopt=longest"

      --
      eric