41172Re: Dropping support

    Dec 8, 2005
      George Reilly wrote:

      > Bram, if you're dropping support for Mac OS 9, why not drop support
      > for Windows 3.x (Win16), DOS, and other similarly obsolete systems?

      Maintenance for Mac OS has always been quite slow. And the old code
      made it more difficult to work on the OS/X code.

      Some people still run Windows 95/98 and even DOS is used in some
      specific applications. It's good to have Vim there. I can compile
      these versions without much trouble.

      The Win16 version isn't very popular, but so long as Vince keeps
      maintaining it I don't mind including his patches.

      --
      ARTHUR: Well, I AM king...
      DENNIS: Oh king, eh, very nice. An' how'd you get that, eh? By exploitin'