40551Re: Vim7: Listing the script where a map was defined

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Sep 6 6:57 PM
      Hi Zdenek,

      On 8/31/05, Zdenek SEKERA <Zdenek.Sekera@...> wrote:

      > > Can you try the following commands (without any additional arguments) and
      > > see whether the script names are displayed?
      > >
      > > :verbose map
      > > :verbose function
      > > :verbose command
      > > :verbose autocmd
      >
      > Yes, I am now getting that but have a few comments:
      >
      > 1. when I do e.g. ':verbose function', I get a very long listing of
      > quite long lines that wrap around. e.g.: (just a short example):

      > function Uname()
      > Last set from /afs/cern.ch/user/s/sekera/.vim/AsNeeded/Uname.vim
      >
      > There are also *much* longer lines.
      > Would it be a bad idea to replace the $HOME part of the path by
      > the customary '~', that would considerably shorten the output.

      In the latest Vim7 snapshot (142), the home directory path in
      the script path is replaced with ~.

      > 2. I see a difference:
      > :verbose function Uname
      > ----
      > function Uname()name
      > Last set from /afs/cern.ch/user/s/sekera/.vim/AsNeeded/Uname.vim
      > 1 return substitute(system("uname"), " *\n", "", "")
      > endfunction
      > ----
      >
      > Notice different indenting (cosmetics) but more importantly the
      > the funny '...()name' part and the contents of the function itself.

      The display of extra characters after the function name is fixed in the
      latest Vim7 snapshot.

      - Yegappan
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic