40522Re: Vim7: Listing the script where a map was defined

  • Charles E. Campbell, Jr.
    Sep 1, 2005

      Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:
      >This is an existing behavior (in Vim 6.3 also). My patch didn't change
      >this. When using ":verbose function <name>", the body of the function
      >is also listed. The only change in Vim 7.0 is to display the script
      >where the function was defined...
      >
      >If this line is displayed at the end of the function, then you may have to
      >scroll several screens (for large functions) to get to this information.

      Well, the behavior for function certainly is "verbose". I'd've
      preferred a "wherefrom"
      command instead of the "verbose" overloading, myself. The meaning of
      the word
      "verbose" doesn't exactly seem to resemble the behavior we're getting.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic