40028Re: better xterm mouse support

  • Andrew Pimlott
    Jun 30, 2005
      [Replying to old mail.]

      On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 06:48:10PM -0400, Joe Allen wrote:
      > I've submitted a patch for xterm to xterm's maintainer Thomas Dickey.

      While you're at it... :-) I don't enable the mouse in vim, because
      regular cut-n-paste functionality is much more valuable to me than using
      it to control the cursor (and holding down shift is too much for my poor
      brain to remembe). But on the other hand, using the scroll wheel to
      scroll in vim would be much more valuable to me than scrolling through
      the xterm buffer.

      I would absolutely love it if I could have the best of both: button 1-3
      and motion events handled by xterm, but wheel (button 4-) events passed
      to vim. As I understand it, it is not possible to ask xterm for only
      some of the buttons. But if someone hacked this in, and hacked vim to
      support it, he would have my gratitude.

      Andrew
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic