39855Re: a few bugs with gvim-7.

    Jun 3, 2005
      Gautam Iyer wrote:

      > On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 12:15:32PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >
      > > > Ok, so I *finally* loaded the gui version of vim and found the following
      > > > bugs with syntax highlighting:
      > > >
      > > > 1. The guisp only seems to work with gui=undercurl and not with
      > > > gui=underline (the undercurl gives a nice MS Word look ... but
      > > > since I hate MS, I tried to repalce it with underline naturally
      > > > and found the above error).
      > >
      > > That's right, underline didn't change, it uses the guifg color.
      > > Perhaps we can use another attribute for underlining with the guisp
      > > color. Can't think of a good name right now.
      >
      > Why not use guisp? I don't think anyone will want to use BOTH underline
      > and undercurl will they?

      I think there are people who do. You can use underline for syntax
      highlighting. Then undercurl is still available for badly spelled
      words on top of that. If you don't want to use undercurl, then perhaps
      overwriting the underline in a different color would be OK.

      If we would use guisp for underline then there would at least be the
      fallback that when it's not set guifg must be used, otherwise it's not
      backward compatible. And then when there is a spell error an existing
      underline would suddenly change color when the undercurl appears.

      > Anyway, if you do plan on using a different name, might I suggest
      > 'guiuc' (for undercurl) and 'guiul' for underline :)

      I was thinking of another name for "underline" that does use the guisp
      color. I don't really want to add more color arguments, it's a bit
      bulky in the code.

      --
      The startling truth finally became apparent, and it was this: Numbers
      written on restaurant checks within the confines of restaurants do not follow