39523Re: Debugging in MSVS (was: Weird bug in GTK2 version of gvim 7)

    Apr 7, 2005
      Ankur Kotwal wrote:

      > > > I usually perform a build using "nmake -f Make_mvc.mak GUI=yes OLE=yes".
      > >
      > > Import Make_ivc.mak as a workspace into Visual Studio.
      >
      > I'm using Visual Studio .NET 2003 and unfortunately, I am unable to
      > open the file as either a project or a solution. As soon as I try to
      > open the file, VS asks me if I want to convert the project. I of
      > course say yes but as soon as I do, I'm left facing a message box that
      > says "Cannot load the project due to a corrupt project file."

      You need to load it as a workspace, not as a project.
      Make sure the file has DOS fileformat. Unix fileformat doesn't work.

      > I assume that you are using an older version of Visual Studio. Are you
      > able to send me your .dsp and .dsw file? I can then import and upgrade
      > those files into VS .NET 2003. Thanks.

      These files are very system-specific. They are in some strange format,
      thus I don't even know what I would be sending out.

      It's very disappointing the MS doesn't have a documented and backwards
      compatible project description file. Clearly a vendor lock-in.

      --
      From "know your smileys":
      |-P Reaction to unusually ugly C code