39514Re: W32 gvim with debug (Was: Weird bug in GTK2 version of gvim 7)

  • A. J. Mechelynck
    Apr 6, 2005
      Ankur Kotwal wrote:
      >>Can you provide a backtrace of that segfault ? Please compile vim as
      >>usually with the options:
      >>
      >>export CFLAGS="-O0 -g -Wl,--as-needed"
      >>
      >>gdb vim7
      >>run
      >

      > This was quite interesting. Is there anyway to produce a debugable
      > gvim executable for Windows? One that I can step through in the Visual
      > Studio debugger? Does anyone have the build instructions?
      >
      > I usually perform a build using "nmake -f Make_mvc.mak GUI=yes OLE=yes".
      >
      > PS: Sorry about the topic jacking.

      Check your makefile (Make_mvc.mak, right?). There may be a parameter
      like DEBUG=yes to add to your make command-line. If it's like with
      Make_bc5.mak and Make_cyg.mak (also for Windows, but using free
      compilers) it might produce an executable named gvimd.exe.

      If you want a ready-made (g)vimd.exe for Windows, point your browser to
      my Vim page http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/