38901Re: Content filtering

  • Eljay Love-Jensen
    Feb 4, 2005
      Hi Ciaran,

      LJ>| + email with attachments

      >Like patches or GPG/PGP signatures?

      Yes, including those. (Which is why I mentioned the point about PKCS
      authentication.)

      Patches would have to be posted on one's website (that presumes we all have
      websites) with a URL embedded in the email to the patch.

      LJ>| + email over 100 lines long

      >Like inlined code examples?

      Yes. Lengthy inlined code examples would have to be posted on one's
      website with a URL embedded in the email to the code example. This has the
      unfortunate side-effect of link-rot for those URLs in the mailing list
      archives.

      >Don't think either of those criteria would be suitable for this list.

      *shrug* They were filters on another list I'm on, which has worked very
      well for keeping down the spam and viruses -- on that list.

      Sincerely,
      --Eljay
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic