38546Re: Delay when Insert mode is left

  • Jens Paulus
    Jan 10, 2005
      Hi Bram,

      On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 13:35:30 +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Did you really not understand that recognizing the <Esc> of the mapping
      > is exactly the same problem as recognizing special keys? You still have
      > no clue whether an <Esc> is typed or the start of a special key. Only
      > avoiding the use of <Esc> for special keys can avoid that.

      alright, I did not have the right understanding of the problem. Now I
      agree that there is really no other solution.
      Let me ask a little question. When being in command line I am looking
      for a way to figure out if the command line has been entered from Visual
      mode or from Normal mode. Neither visualmode() nor mode() help because
      the first one is for something else and the second one does not react
      how I want it.

      Best regards

      Jens
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic