38395Re: VIM 7.0026: failed tests

    Jan 2, 2005
      Johnny Blaze wrote:

      > test11 and test30 still fail. I used "cvs co -kb vim7/src/testdir"
      > after removing testdir. -kb is supposed to use the same line endings
      > as stored in CVS.

      test11 fails if gzip is not available. Perhaps that's the problem you
      are encountering?

      It appears the test[11|30].[in|ok] files in CVS are identical to what I
      have. Another cause for problems is a diff program that can't handle
      the different line endings.

      > On a related note, have you considered switching the repository to
      > subversion? (http://subversion.tigris.org) There are scripts to
      > convert a CVS repository to a Subversion repository.... :-)

      It has been considered. There are two problems:
      (1) we don't have a reliable repository for subversion (SourceForge
      doesn't support it).
      (2) Not many people have it, thus we would have to keep the CVS
      repository as well.

      Since we are using CVS for distribution and keeping old versions, not
      for actual development, it's not much use to switch to subversion.

      211. Your husband leaves you...taking the computer with him and you
      call him crying, and beg him to bring the computer back.