37858Re: Patch to add the cbuffer command

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Nov 2, 2004
      Hi,

      --- Madhu Raghupatruni <rmadhu@...> wrote:
      > Yegappan,
      >
      > The reverse is pretty useful too. You have a quickfix window that you
      > would want to save as file of errorlist, usually the result of a grep
      > output. I currently run it through a small script which converts it
      > back to an error list (grep output) and save it into a file. Do you
      > think there is a simpler way ?

      As Vim parses and processes the output from grep or any other
      command to fill the quickfix window, the original output is
      lost (unless it is already stored in a file). So, reconstructing
      the original output from the quickfix window contents might be
      difficult.

      - Yegappan

      Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
      www.yahoo.com