37720Re: Suggestion: Rewind-mode instead of undo-tree

  • David Schweikert
    Oct 4, 2004
      On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 20:05:04 +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > [ explanation of the timeshift functionality with the undo tree ]

      I understand now. Thanks for the explanation! Somehow I was stuck on
      thinking about an implementation with a list instead of a tree and there
      it would have had some issues. Like you describe it it makes perfect
      sense to me... I think it would be a great addition to Vim.

      Maybe you could put some text of your mail in the appriopriate help
      file: it might help others to understand how it works.

      > Perhaps it would be useful to set time-marks, in case you want to jump
      > back or forward to a specific text state. That might be complicated
      > though, just remembering the time is a lot simpler.

      Wouldn't such a marker be just a pointer to the corresponding node in
      the tree? Sounds cool, but maybe not really that useful.

      Cheers
      David
      --
      David Schweikert | phone: +41 44 632 7019
      System manager ISG.EE | walk: ETH Zentrum, ETL F24.1