37699Re: WANTED: browsedir()

  • Steve Hall
    Oct 2, 2004
      On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 15:04, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Steve Hall wrote:
      > >
      > > WANTED: browsedir() function that selects and returns a
      > > path/directory (rather than the path/filename browse() returns).
      > >
      > > I'll pay $50 US via mail or PayPal for a patch against the current
      > > Vim source that adds the capability to both GTK2 and Windows
      > > platforms. (Perhaps just WinNT/2K/XP as I believe browse() already
      > > does this on Win95/98/ME--to be verified.) Half payment offered
      > > for patch addressing one of the two platforms. If interested,
      > > please contact me off list.
      >
      > Didn't see a response on this. I wonder why you need to select a
      > directory in Vim.

      To select a location for placing files. I wrote a script for
      non-computer saavy users to process reams of data files and they need
      to select locations for dumping files, not selecting one.

      > The low-level function gui_mch_browse() doesn't support it at the
      > moment. This means it has to be implemented separately for each
      > platform.

      I read through that code and started to jump into writing a patch.
      Even found the correct Windows call, but I know only a rudimentary bit
      of C, nothing of GTK/2 and figured someone else could do it better and
      faster.

      I'm sure if I could find another "0" to tack onto my offer it would be
      more attractive, but alas, I can not. :(

      --
      Steve Hall [ digitect mindspring com ]
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic