37697Re: WANTED: browsedir()

    Oct 2, 2004
      Steve Hall wrote:

      > WANTED: browsedir() function that selects and returns a path/directory
      > (rather than the path/filename browse() returns).
      >
      > I'll pay $50 US via mail or PayPal for a patch against the current Vim
      > source that adds the capability to both GTK2 and Windows platforms.
      > (Perhaps just WinNT/2K/XP as I believe browse() already does this on
      > Win95/98/ME--to be verified.) Half payment offered for patch
      > addressing one of the two platforms. If interested, please contact me
      > off list.

      Didn't see a response on this. I wonder why you need to select a
      directory in Vim.

      The low-level function gui_mch_browse() doesn't support it at the
      moment. This means it has to be implemented separately for each
      platform.

      47. You are so familiar with the WWW that you find the search engines useless.