37529Re: matchit support for python

    Sep 1, 2004
      Edward Peschko wrote:

      > > > wow.. that's cool.. any chance on getting that included with the
      > > > standard distribution (and maybe making matchit.vim automatically
      > > > call it instead if your filetype so happens to be equal to python?
      > >
      > > I am a bit conservative about changing the default way "%" works for
      > > specific types of files. And the other mappings defined by
      > > python_match.vim may conflict with what a user defines himself.
      > >
      > > For the same reason the matchit plugin isn't enabled by default. It is
      > > included in the distribution, thus it's just a matter of enabling it
      > > when you want to.
      >
      > well, I don't mind having to do a source statement in order to get it
      > running, but it would be cool to include it as part of the standard
      > distribution so I don't need to download it separately.

      The matchit plugin is included. It's probably not a bad idea if the
      Python version would be merged into it. Would anybody want the matchit
      functionality but not the extra Python stuff?

      Otherwise we could include matchit_python.vim as well, and instruct
      users to install that additionally. This is more complicated, thus it
      would be good if we can avoid that.

      --
      MAN: Fetchez la vache!
      GUARD: Quoi?