37502Re: VIM-Crash after "Hit Enter ...": logged with verbose=20

    Aug 29, 2004
      Suresh Govindachar wrote:

      > Attached is a "verbose=20" log of a VIM crash.
      >
      > 1) BACKGROUND: WHAT THE USER SEES:
      >
      > When user responds with <Enter> to the message:
      >
      > Hit Enter or type command to continue
      >
      > VIM crashes -- Microsoft says
      > "Illegal operation and will be shut down ..."

      You appear to describe the problem in your own words. For reproducing
      and understanding the problem it is important that you quote everything
      literally.

      > 2) ABOUT THE COMMAND ISSUED BY THE USER:
      >
      > The user issued the command:
      > :perl tms_w_do_this('d');
      >
      > In essence, the subroutine tms_w_do_this looks like:
      >
      > sub tms_w_do_this
      > {
      > <code>
      >
      > VIM::DoCommand("echoerr 'Watch-out for an unscheduled VIM-CRASH!!!'"):
      > return 1;
      > }

      What Vim commands do I use to define this subroutine? Without that info
      I can't reproduce the problem.

      Please find the shortest example that causes the problem. "<code>"
      doesn't work, you must put something there that does work to be able to
      reproduce the problem.

      216. Your pet rock leaves home.