37428Re: VIM-Crash after "Hit Enter ...": logged with verbose=20

  • Benji Fisher
    Aug 10, 2004
      On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 10:11:11PM +0000, Suresh Govindachar wrote:
      > In essence, the problem I reported on:
      > Sun, 1 Aug 2004 00:59:17 +0000 was:
      >
      > After executing an embedded perl subroutine and returning
      > SUCCESSFULLY from it, the gvim session would crash every
      > once in about 3 times. (Windows 98).
      >
      > I made the following changes, and haven't had a crash:
      >
      > Changed _vimrc by adding these three lets:
      >
      > let no_buffers_menu = 1
      > let did_install_default_menus = 1
      > let did_install_syntax_menu = 1
      >
      > and changed guioptins from just 'a' to:
      >
      > set guioptions=acM
      >
      > Then I unregistered gvim. Crashes still happened.
      >
      > Then in the perl code, changed all the buffwipeout
      > commands (:bw) to bufunload (:bun).
      >
      > The crashes stopped (four days of use).
      >
      > Than I registered VIM (continuing to use bun instead of bw)
      >
      > No crashes as yet (one day of use).
      >
      > Anyway, I have tested the plugin extensively on Windows 98
      > and briefly on Linux. It works. I expect to release it
      > later today. The release version will have :bw in it;
      > however, users can do "let g:tms_do_not_bw_in_perl = 1" to
      > change all the :bw used in perl code to :bun.

      To complete the experiment, I think you should try the plugin
      without g:tms_do_not_bw_in_perl defined, watch it crash, define
      g:tms_do_not_bw_in_perl , and watch it not crash. Do the changes to the
      vimrc file matter? (I assume they are still there, but maybe not?)

      HTH --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic