34723Re: XIM (GTK2) keypad mappings problem patch - please test

  • Neil Bird
    Feb 10, 2004
      Around about 09/02/2004 18:00, Benji Fisher typed ...
      > I think that xf7 is being discussed on the vim users' list; is ÷ obscure
      > enough?

      The <Ctrl+Shift> thingy will only let you enter valid UTF-8 hex -
      0xF7 isn't (complicated rules).

      I'll have to look for that thread ...

      > AFAIK I do not have that enabled. Of course, there are a lot of
      > things on my system that I have not looked into ...

      Run 'xev', and see what it reports if you press the <AltGr> key (with
      the pointer in the window). A normal setup nowdays seems to put
      'Iso_Shift_Level_3' (or something like that) which lates you do things
      like '<AltGr+4>' -> "€" or '<AltGr+m>' -> [greek mu - not on my Windows
      box, it seems!]'

      Then <Shift+AltGr> is usually <Multi-Key>. So <Shift+AltGr> then <e>
      then <'> should give an "é".

      --
      [neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
      [neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature