33798Re: Config Vim not to change directory timestamp

  • David Brown
    Oct 4, 2003
      On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 08:12:19AM -0700, Roboco Sanchez wrote:

      > The problem is Vim still causes directory timestamp to
      > change even though you tell it to write backup file
      > and swap file somewhere else. And that's why I came
      > here.

      You probably forgot to 'set backupcopy=yes'. Without that, vim still
      tries to rename, even if the backup file is in a different directory.

      I just tested with

      set backupdir=~/tmp
      set directory=~/tmp
      set backupcopy=yes

      and Vim doesn't change the directory timestamp when I edit files.

      Dave
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic