33418Re: Your vim-dev posting regarding xterm and gnome-terminal

  • Aron Griffis
    Jul 31, 2003
      Thought this snippet from Debian's ncurses FAQ (I'm actually reading
      this in a patch, so I don't know where this file lives in Debian):

      Home/End keys don't work in some non-full-screen applications.

      The situation with this is somewhat complicated. For a background
      summary, see:
      http://dickey.his.com/xterm/xterm.faq.html#xterm_pc_style
      http://dickey.his.com/xterm/xterm.faq.html#xterm_arrows

      Essentially, the key sequences in terminfo entries (particularly
      khome and kend) are for full-screen applications only. This means
      that they are only valid after an 'smkx' sequence, to put the
      terminal into application mode. If you want to use these sequences
      in non-application mode, you need to recognize similar sequences -
      the versions which start with CSI (\E [) rather than SS3 (\E O).
      One example of how is in /etc/zshrc in recent Debian ZSH packages.

      Aron
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic