33375Re: vim with gtk2, the find dialog's buttons are disabled..

  • David Necas (Yeti)
    Jul 25, 2003
      On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 06:00:47PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > > OK, here's a fix (at the end), at least of what I was able
      > > to reproduce. Tested on 6.2.0.
      > >
      > > *BUT* it fixes it by bringing back the Most Evil Hack
      > > entry_changed_cb(), carefully #ifdef-ed out from the Gtk+2
      > > code paths. It however took care of making the buttons
      > > sensitive when the entry was nonempty -- among other things.
      > > So if Daniel is listening and really doesn't like it so much,
      > > he should come up with some nicer fix now ;-)
      >
      > Well, so long as this fixes the problem and doesn't introduce a new one
      > we might as well use this solution.
      >
      > Hopefully Daniel does respond some day...

      It's not so hard to split the callback to two, one taking
      care of button sensitivity and one of search text
      synchronization (i.e. the [cite] nonsense, particularly evil
      incarnation of braindeadness [/cite]) -- I could do it.

      However, I don't like the idea of making the dialog behave
      differently with Gtk+1 and Gtk+2 again only because someone
      doesn't like something. Thus I would probably remove the
      search text synchronization completely. Please protest
      (hmm... I doubt anyone in this maling list uses the GUI find
      & replace dialogs...).

      Regards,

      Yeti

      --
      Do not use tab characters. Their effect is not predictable.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic