32344Re: Output/Input is not to/from a terminal

  • Andrew Pimlott
    May 2 4:12 AM
      On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 07:21:06AM +0100, Walter Briscoe wrote:
      > It was intresting to see getopt (singular name)
      > deal with long option names. I think IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 does not have
      > getopt in that context. It has getopts (plural name) without the ability
      > to handle long option names.

      Oh, I'm sure it is a GNU-ism. I cribbed the use of getopt from a
      file "getopt-parse.bash.gz" that got installed in an examples
      directory of util-linux on my (Debian) system. I'd never used any
      form of getopt* in a shell script.

      Andrew
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic