31988Re: art/lisp/scheme, plugins and patches for {filetype,scripts}.vim

    Apr 6, 2003
      Dorai wrote:

      > Here are two patches to filetype.vim and
      > scripts.vim respectively. Their purpose:

      The diffs were backwards, but I understand what they do.

      > 1. Recognize *.art files as ft=art

      I already had this one.

      > 2. Recognize *.ss files as ft=scheme
      >
      > 3. Identify Scheme scripts as ft=scheme based on
      > either having a first line with a #! line containing
      > 'scheme', or having either the first or second line
      > contain 'scheme'.

      That second check is too generic. A normal text file with the word
      "scheme" somewhere in the first two lines would be recognized as a
      scheme file. You will have this check strickter.

      > I've also provided ftplugin/art.vim, ftplugin/lisp.vim,
      > ftplugin/scheme.vim, and syntax/art.vim in
      > http://www.ccs.neu.edu/~dorai/vimplugins/vimplugins.html
      > (download link is just below title).

      I'll download them this time. If you make improvements, please send
      them to me directly.

      --
      CRONE: Who sent you?
      ARTHUR: The Knights Who Say Ni!