31869Re: Patch 6.1.424 (extra)

  • Neil Bird
    Apr 1, 2003
      Around about 01/04/2003 09:33, Bram Moolenaar typed ...
      > I hesitated to include this change, since I also don't quite understand
      > how it works. The Make_bc5.mak makefile contains the same construction,
      > that's probably a hint that it does work and not cause trouble.

      'WINVER' is used to select which set of Windows headers to use, and
      hence define backwards compatibility. Up to and including DevStudio 6
      (which we have here), the default is 0x0400 which should give pretty
      much full backwards compatibility.

      Some of our team have had to explicitly set it to 0x0500 to engage
      some W2K features. I guess the default for DS7/.NET is now 0x0400.

      I would say that any DS build ought to specify WINVER=0x0400; I
      can't say whether WINVER is used by any other W32 compilers though.

      --
      [neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
      [neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature