31349Re: GTK+ 2 Vim + sign icons

  • Daniel Elstner
    Mar 3, 2003
      On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 10:27, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Daniel Elstner wrote:
      >
      > > recently I discovered the GTK+ GUI doesn't support the sign icons
      > > feature. I think it's a shame if GTK+ Vim doesn't support something
      > > that's implemented even in the ugly Motif GUI. Thus I went ahead and
      > > added the feature:

      [...]

      > I would actually like to include this in the GTK 1 version as well. Is
      > this possible without using GTK 2 features? If this is possible, can
      > you separate this change from the rest and e-mail it to me?

      It certainly is possible, but

      a) I'd practically have to do it again from scratch
      b) the GTK+ 1 version would support only .xpm and no scaling

      I agree that it's a sensible goal to make all GUIs suport roughly the
      same feature set. But from my point of view the GTK+ 2 GUI replaces the
      GTK+ 1.2 version.

      Well, that's what I think -- if you feel it's really necessary to have
      this in the old GUI too, I'll try to implement it.

      > > I'm looking forward to see this being used in a future IDE-integrated
      > > Vim component (hi Jason ;-).
      >
      > I'm working on it. Will work with Motif as well.

      Oh -- what exactly are you working on?

      Regards,
      --Daniel
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic