31022Re: patch for compiler/tidy.vim

  • Doug Kearns
    Feb 1, 2003
      On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 03:30:48PM -0500, Mark Stosberg wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm currently using vim 6.1.262 with a version of "tidy" from the new
      > project at http://tidy.sf.net/ that has taken over the original author's
      > work.
      >
      > However, I found that the "compiler/tidy.vim" file distributed with vim
      > was not fully functional-- the errorfmt string was not working.
      >
      > After researching this some, it seemed patching this file was the best
      > solution. Here's the patch, which seems to work for me.
      >
      > The tidy version I'm using is described as:
      > "HTML Tidy for FreeBSD released on 1st January 2003"

      The problem is that there is currently Tidy Classic and Tidy Library and
      neither of these have been released, in a traditional sense in over two
      years...

      Apparently, the Compile Farm builds have recently been moved over to the
      library version, which has introduced a new option '--gnu-emacs-file' to
      specify the filename used in the errorformat. If this option is not
      present then '--gnu-emacs' is _silently_ ignored. I'm currently trying
      to find out what this new option's purpose is and will update tidy.vim
      when the 'situation' is clarified. Until then you can change the makeprg
      line to:

      setlocal makeprg=tidy\ -quiet\ -errors\ --gnu-emacs\ yes\ --gnu-emacs-file\ %\ %

      If this doesn't work let me know and I'll help you sort it out
      privately.

      Regards,
      Doug
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic