29633Re: M$W2000: Edit->Copy dosn't work after filetype on

    Sep 5, 2002
      Milan Vancura wrote:

      > > > The problem is why the code in the "syntax menu conditions" does
      > > > so strange things. Very strange. For example if I mark a visual
      > > > block and do Edit.Copy three or four times, vim will crash.
      > > > ("gvim.exe generated error and will be restarted by Windows
      > > > system.")
      > >
      > > I have no explanation for this behavior. Don't forget that this works
      > > just fine for most people. Thus there must be something special about
      > > your situation that causes the problem. Any idea? Are you using
      > > translated menus perhaps?
      >
      > I have made some new tests.
      >
      > All problems with Edit.Copy/Cut/Paste become "if and only if" menu.vim
      > is sourced from filetype.vim (lines 1376-1381). It doesn't depend on
      > setting menu items, syntax and anything else.

      How do you make sure that menu.vim is sourced from filetype.vim?
      Anyway, starting Vim with "-V" shows me it's done this way for me. I
      don't see these problems though.

      > I used the binary package "GUI vim" + vim rt files package from vim.org. The
      > "Self-installing executable" vim from vim.org (which I have installed now)
      > doesn't have this problem.

      Which binary package is that? gvim61.zip? It is compiled in the same
      way as the one included with the self-installing executable, only with
      less features.

      > Maybe I did something wrong before, maybe it's an error on my system
      > and maybe there is some error in "GUI executable" vim at vim.org. I
      > think testing it on the system of someone else could be a good idea.

      Since you reported a crash, I would suspect something went wrong with
      downloading that specific gvim.exe.

      --
      LAUNCELOT: I am, sir. I am a Knight of King Arthur.
      FATHER: 'Mm ... very nice castle, Camelot ... very good pig country....