29141Re: Feature request: Need a function to read a file into a variable

  • Benji Fisher
    Jul 1, 2002
      On Monday, July 1, 2002, at 09:05 AM, Kontra, Gergely wrote:

      >> You can write a Vim function to do this. Why would it need to be a
      >> built-in function? This would soon go in the direction of a full
      >> script
      >> language, and that's not a goal for Vim.
      >
      > Well, almost true, but this can screw up your windows positions, if the
      > cursor is at the bottom right of a window.

      I think what we really need is an invisible, temporary buffer, so
      we can do all sorts of fun stuff from scripts without worrying about
      messing up the window arrangement.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic