27964Re: vim.org reviewed and classified

  • Ricardo SIGNES
    Apr 1 3:47 AM
      On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 04:45:47PM +1000, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
      > *** I don't believe that www.vim.org should merely point to vim.sf.net.
      > People visiting a site like vim.org for the first time expect a neat summary
      > of the product and links to other information. They don't expect, and
      > generally wouldn't appreciate, an automated page that dives right in to tips
      > and scripts.
      >
      > www.vim.org should contain the following things:
      > [ list snipped ]

      I agree, mostly -- what had been discussed before was a pre-vimonline vimonline
      page, which would contain just the static 'about' information, as well as news
      and a link to further information (ie, deeper into vimonline.)

      As for the FAQ, I think the might already be one -- I'm not sure if the one
      that Sven links is still maintained, or whether it has died.

      Check it out. ;)

      --
      rjbs
    • Show all 36 messages in this topic