26416Re: gvim on Windows 2000 after uninstalling

  • Benji Fisher
    Dec 6, 2001
      Johannes Zellner wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I just uninstalled gvim.exe and installed a self-compiled binary
      > somewhere else. Unfortunately, when typing 'gvim' on the cmd
      > prompt, it still tries to launch gvim.exe from the location which
      > is already removed:
      > C:\>gvim
      > "D:\Program Files\Vim\vim60\gvim.exe" not found
      > (Win 2000). I checked the Environment (especially PATH) but it
      > doesn't point to D:\Program Files\Vim\vim60 any more.
      > What should I do that my new self-installed gvim is found ?

      Have you rebooted since the un-installation? (I do not know whether that
      matters, but it might.) Did you use the uninstaller, or just remove the old
      version? Perhaps you are running the gvim.bat that was installed with the old

      HTH --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic