26415Re: gvim on Windows 2000 after uninstalling

  • Jonathon Merz
    Dec 6, 2001
      Two things to maybe check:

      1. If you had a gvim.bat, make sure that the uninstaller deleted it properly.
      2. Check your system registry at
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths
      and see if there is a key for gvim.exe. I've never figured out the logic of
      how it works, but programs can get added there and then accessed as if they
      were in your path.

      -Jon

      Johannes Zellner wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I just uninstalled gvim.exe and installed a self-compiled binary
      > somewhere else. Unfortunately, when typing 'gvim' on the cmd
      > prompt, it still tries to launch gvim.exe from the location which
      > is already removed:
      >
      > C:\>gvim
      > "D:\Program Files\Vim\vim60\gvim.exe" not found
      >
      > (Win 2000). I checked the Environment (especially PATH) but it
      > doesn't point to D:\Program Files\Vim\vim60 any more.
      >
      > What should I do that my new self-installed gvim is found ?

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic