26123Re: script bloat

    Nov 2, 2001
      Aric Blumer wrote:

      > On Fri Nov 2 11:52:21 2001 Dan Sharp wrote:
      > > [discussion of using FuncUndefined event to load a function snipped]
      >
      > I think we agree that there is a means to load functions from a
      > "library", so what we need now is a set of standard functions that all
      > Vim distributions contain (similar to standard plugins).
      >
      > We know there's one on the list already:
      >
      > Sort
      >
      > Others?
      >
      > (BTW, Bram, do you think this is a good idea? feasible?)

      It's already possible to load functions on demand. It doesn't make much
      sense to add a library of functions to the distribution, implementing
      them in C would be much better for speed (and probably for size as
      well). Only advantage of the script is that it doesn't occupy memory
      when it's not used. But is that important these days?

      It might help a bit if we have a standard directory to put the functions
      into. Remaining problem is the naming. That's where we always got
      stuck in the past.

      --
      BEDEVERE: And what do you burn, apart from witches?
      FOURTH VILLAGER: ... Wood?