25780Re: :menu does not work.

    Oct 22, 2001
      Benji Fisher wrote:

      > According to the docs, :menu works just like :map, so I expected
      >
      > :menu <buffer> Foo.Bar :echo "foobar"<CR>
      >
      > to create a menu for the current buffer. Alas, it does not work. Is there
      > another way, or do I have to use BufEnter and BufLeave autocommands to do
      > this? :-(

      This is an item in the todo list. It would actually not work very
      different from using an autocommand, only that you can specify it a bit
      easier.

      I'll adjust the docs not to mention that ":menu" is exactly like ":map",
      since there are a few differences.

      --
      A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do.