22226RE: Vim version 6.0am ALPHA available

  • Vince Negri
    Jul 2, 2001
      > > And since we are at it: how can the CVS source be any shorter
      > > than the .bz2 source file?

      If you are doing an update from the last version, cvs sends
      just the diffs which are applied using "patch" automatically.
      Moreover, there is an option by which the patches are gzipped
      before sending and unzipped on arrival, so overall the process
      is quite efficient. :-)

      What I value most about getting the sources via CVS, though, is
      that when updating, it merges the changes into my tree and tries
      to preserve whatever hacks I have done ;) So for example, I don't
      need to keep tweaking feature.h.

      Vince